League & Eligibility
We welcome any potential and valuable solutions that make an effort in combating climate change effects and enhancing climate resilience. The eligible ideas should focus on achievingUN SDG 13: Climate Action or climate change related SDG
Who can apply ?
- Applicants must be winners of an entrepreneurship or incubation programme. OR
- Start-ups incorporated under Companies Ordinance for not more than 3 years as of 28 February 2020
- – Each application should consist of 1 to 4 core team members, who are between ages 18 and 40
- – All members can only join ONE team and submit ONE application each application period
- – Teams may comprise of members from different participating institutions
- – Each application should submit a Hong Kong-based climate change solution
- – All applications should acquire endorsement from tertiary institution/organization (Endorsement Form and/or formal Reference Letter). Individual application will not be accepted.
- – At least one representative of the team attends a compulsory webinar on 30 Jan 2021
- Climate Action
- Acceleration award
HK$180,000Quota: 2 teams
Interested applicants could get endorsement from any department under any higher education institutions or youth entrepreneurship organizations in Hong Kong (Download Endorsement Form). In order to ensure a smooth verification process of endorsement, applicants are highly recommended to get endorsement from the departments and organizations supporting CARS. For applicants’ reference, the supporting departments and organisations list for both Idea and Scale-up stage, is as follows:
Download supporting departments and organization list (Just for reference)